Timothy M. Knowles
Tim's practice includes all aspects of civil litigation, including personal injury and commercial/business lawsuits. Tim has experience litigating a variety of cases in Pennsylvania state and federal courts. Recent successes include
- $750,000 settlement at mediation in a Philadelphia County case. Tim's client fractured her arm and had surgical complications after she fell over a stump left on the sidewalk when a street sign was knocked over.
- $500,000 settlement for a young woman who fell on a defective sidewalk in South Philadelphia. The young woman dislocated her knee and had numerous surgeries due to vascular injuries.
- $450,000 settlement in a Philadelphia County case involving an elderly woman who died after falling from a stretcher.
- $420,000 trip and fall settlement obtained in the middle of trial in Delaware County.
- $325,000 (insurance policy limit) settlement for a young man hit by a drunk driver while crossing the street.
Tim graduated from Temple University Law School in 2010, where he was in the top twenty-five percent of his class and served as a staff editor on the Temple Journal of Science, Technology, and Environmental Law. While in law school, Tim interned for Judges Abramson and Carrafiello in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, volunteered at the Defender Association of Philadelphia, and spent a semester as an intern with the Claims Unit of the Philadelphia Law Department. As an undergraduate, Tim studied double bass performance at Temple University, where he graduated summa cum laude.
When Tim is not practicing law, he likes to listen to music, spend time with his family, and study the Korean language. In addition, he serves on the board of directors of the Cheltenham Center for the Arts and is the Community Outreach Director for the Montgomery Bar Association Young Lawyers' Section.
J.D., Temple University, 2010
Dean’s Honor List - Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Fall 2009, and Spring 2010
Staff Editor - Temple Journal of Science, Technology, and Environmental Law
Distinguished Class Performance – Seven Classes
Fellow - Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society
B.M., Temple University, 2007 summa cum laude
summa cum laude
New Jersey, 2010
Federal District of NJ, 2010
Federal Eastern District of PA, 2016
Federal Middle District of PA, 2016
Montgomery Bar Association
Member Since: 2010
Legal Access Project; 2017 Young Lawyers' Section Membership Committee Liaison; 2018 Young Lawyers' Section Community Outreach Committee Liaison; 2019 Young Lawyers' Section Community Outreach Director
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Member Since: 2010